Welcome to pyRevit Discourse! Say 👋

Just poking around to figure out where to post my questions and suggestions. Thanks for creating an open space for free exchange of ideas.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! Architect and fellow pythonista at your service.

Thanks Ehsan for creating pyRevit man!

2 Likes

Hello @IvanPajares! Thank you and welcome! :smiley:

Hello all! I’m Andrew - I’ve been messing with Python and pyRevit for a few years now, after shifting my career from traditional architecture to a more automation/optimization focus. Finally decided to join the conversations!

2 Likes

Welcome @urbanandrew!

Hello pyRevit users / developper !
Fine everyone ?
How about helping in translating ?
I was wondering how to help to get pyrevit translated to Frensh fr_fr
As I was following the guide for the airtable, that seems ready to use, I did not get it how I coould contribute to add the right lines in each ".yaml " files in all the folders, sub-folbers to get every part translated ?

Hi @SachaWiedmaier ,
I did some of the latest translation in the airtable as you noticed.
As for the yaml for each button, that’s a pretty good idea, and an easy win.
The yaml needs to be structured like so:

title:
  fr_fr: "Contrôle Qualité"
  en_us: Quality control
tooltip:
  fr_fr: Permet de collecter les données importantes du projet pour le modèle courant et les modèles liés
  en_us: Collect key data from the current model and its links

if I remember right, I had to use the " in the title section as it did not work with accents, but that might have been fixed by now

btw @eirannejad
it is not implemented in the layout: right?

layout:
  fr_fr:  - mon test
          - mon second test
  en_us: - my test
             - my second test

The way I made it work was:

layout:
  - my test
  - mon test
  - my second test
  - mon second test

@Jean-Marc no layout is there to specify the tool layout only so it needs the name of the bundles

Ok fine, actualy on the coding side I will find my way to get it right.
But how to share it for every one to use it then … some one have to secure the process to compil all the different translations, am I right ?
Otherwise are there some shared .yaml files where the different translations could be added ?
I am not used to github… so may be my questions have easy answeres, but dit not find the way to.
Thank for guiding me !

I’m so glad there’s a place for Revit Python discussions! much needed. Thank you

1 Like

Hello, excited to be here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @lexiko !! Welcome!

1 Like

Hi everyone, glad to be here!
Some great insights already in the conversations I’ve lurked in!

@eirannejad thanks for setting all this up and putting so much time and effort into pyRevit over the years :1st_place_medal:

Hello All,
Thanks for allowing me to access and post… I have some beginning newbie questions on the interface and customization, but hope to be able to also contribute as I learn more… Thanks @eirannejad for your time and dedication…
Bryce

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Happy to be here !

1 Like

Hello Everyone, will use this platform to discuss and share ideas. Thanks @eirannejad !!!

Hello everyone! Thanks for approval :grinning:

1 Like

Hello everyone, nice to join our community
I am looking forward to be active member

1 Like

Hello everyone,
A pythonic happy new year. Hope that I can contribute to the community.