Simple yaml question

I have 2 separate extensions, but i need the panels from each to end up in the same tab like this:

MyExtension1.extension/CommonTab.tab & MyExtension2.extension/CommonTab.tab

I am trying to control the order of the panels, but it seems no matter what I do, the panel from one of the extensions always ends up first. So for example, In extension #1, I have the tab organized with a yaml file like this:

layout:
  - panel1
  - panel2
  - panel3

and then in extension 2 I have essentially:

layout:
  - panel4[afterall:]

However, panel4 always appears as the first one. I feel like I’m probably missing something simpler here…

Hi,
Most probably because your second extension is loading first.
I never looked at the loading process of extension but I am guessing it is a simple alphabetical one.

I’d try renaming the .extension folders to make them load accordingly

That was kind of what I assumed, however I have tried renaming the folders with 1_Extension1 and 2_Extension2 (I also tried A and B in case for some reason numbers weren’t working) and extension 2 always shows up first. It’s not really a big deal, just strange.

I think I may have figured it out. I think that it has to do with the order that the folders are loaded in your pyRevit settings. I just re-added them in the order I wanted and that seems to have done the trick :man_shrugging:

2 Likes