Installation error pyrevit on python 3.12

I try to install pyrevit sur python 3.12 here is the error
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pyrevit==4.8.14.24016 (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for pyrevit==4.8.14.24016
Can you someone help me please ?
Thank you so much

Hi, Welcome,

:point_up: that being said :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not sure what you are doing and what is your comprehension of what pyRevit is.
Could you describe the technical steps you are taking?

Hi!
Pyrevit is not a python library to be installed into an existing python environment.
It is, among other things, a python interpreter that runs inside revit in oreder to access to the revit APIs, which are available only inside the revit process.

Hello Andrea,
I would like to use Python to automate some tasks in Revit. For this, for example when I put on Python
import pyrevit
** from pyrevit import revit, DB**
it gives me this error
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘pyrevit’ when I try to correct the error thus
pip install pyrevit==4.8.14 or pip install pyrevit
it gives another error ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pyrevit (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for pyrevit
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pyrevit (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for pyrevit

@calcosa509 I did think you fully grasp what Andrea meant and what pyRevit is.
Please do start with this: QuickStart in the Realm of pyRevit and the Revit API
Don’t skip anything. Start at the beginning.

pyRevit can help you make stuff in Revit, but this is not something you can interact with in your regular python version outside the Revit process unless you created your buttons (with pyRevit)
Read / watch what I pointed out :point_up_2: and then come back.