Install pyRevit with help of pyRevit CLI

Hello everyone!!!

I am trying to install the pyrevit through the cli.

I was able to successfully install and attach the latest pyRevit version (6.5.5). However, at my company we are currently using pyRevit CLI 5.2.0.25181, and I need to install the matching pyRevit version (5.2.0.25181) instead of the latest release. My question is: Using the pyRevit CLI, how can I clone or install the specific pyRevit version that matches CLI version 5.2.0.25181?

I have tried so far pyRevit CLI 5.2.0.25181 with a newer pyRevit release (6.5.5). The issue i am encountering is that the pyRevitLoader.dll is not being created during the attach process so Pyrevit does not load in Revit.

Thanks in advance for help!

Starting around CLI 6.5, dll are no longer shipped with the repo, to avoid bloating it with binaries, but rather downloaded as artifacts from github. Therefore the CLI had to be changed.
I don’t think what you’re trying to do is possible without updating CLI, someone may correct me if I’m wrong.

Related PR:

This is not possible. I confirm.