Get Revit Categories in different languages

Hi there! I’m working in a project where I have users that have Revit installed in German and English, so the setup of files like the mapping table for RVT-Categories to IFC-Classes and so is kind of a nightmare, since Revit doesn’t export the table with the categories IDs. The goal is to setup a maintenance routine that is easy to have and follow.

Therefore, I’m wondering if there is a way to access the label or visible name of the categories in different languages? I mean, without having to install Revit in several languagues and run a query on the document’s categories.

Hi @aquelon
And welcome.

Have a look at the labelutils members.
It works for the actual Revit language:

Hi Aksel,
I am in the same situation as you, but between English and French. I have used the following to automatically display the local-language category name to users:

DB.Category.GetCategory(doc, DB.BuiltInCategory.OST_Walls).Name

Hello @aquelon , to help out, here is a link with the name of the category with its built-in name, you’ll find English, Russian and German. I dont thinks its up to date but i find it usefull for a start. Good luck with the project. Link : PUBLIC: Revit Category Guide