Delete user informations in a Revit Model

Hi everyone,
I love the “Who did that ?” tool in pyRevit.

But is there a way to make a tool that delete (or replace) all the informations about who created or who modified an object ?

We would like to do that to have the capability to send Anonymous files when needed.
But nowadays, the e-mail addresses used for Autodesk Accounts is stored in that parameters…

I tried to understand the code beneath the “Who did that ?” tool but it’s a little bit to hard for me to try to change something in it right away …

I doubt it is entirely possible.

thoughts:

The owner of each element would have to be removed, but it is more of a touch and go process that needs to be done by an anonimous user

The only way I could imagine doing that would be to use a revit with a different login / anonymized account or trial version and then create a new file, workshare it, insert the file as a linked file, bind it, save it. And I am not even sure all the info would be removed…

The only anonimous file you can generate from Revit would be an IFC file, but that does not reply to the initial question

It is probably a discussion more suited for the Revit Api forum

Where you have access to Revit API master minds

My colleague just told me that he found a workaround for that issue :

• Anonymize your username
  • Copy paste the revit file in an other folder
  • Open the file and recreate a central model with a new name ( do not overwrite the old file )

So it not seems possible without API enhancement.

I’m not sure to have english good enough for Revit API Forum, but I will suggest a Revit Idea for adding a way to delete user informations when etransmitting.

Thank you @Jean-Marc

Glad you found something.
You might want to check if all elements are really anonymized. The solution seems too good to be true :grin:

1 Like

In fact that is the case. If you save any workshared file as a new central model all worksharing info is recreated, so it will show that all elements in the model are created by the user who saved the new central model.