Copying a value parameter to another parameter

How can I transfer the value of one parameter to another? for example, I have a length and I need to copy the value to O_Number

Hi
What did you try? @Andrey-SPGR

Hi, Jean-Marc. I need the length parameter to be copied to O_Количество.

@Andrey-SPGR
Bear with me, but usually user forums are meant to help people doing stuffs, not help people asking for other to do it for them. You need to try a bit. Not just wait for someone to pickup your request and provide you with the result.

you could try with the rpw moddule here. https://github.com/eirannejad/pyRevit/blob/master/pyrevitlib/rpw/db/parameter.py
there are some examples in the code to achieve what you are after.

And I am not asking to write for me. I don’t know where to look. No offense. Thanks

from pyrevit import revit, DB
# collect your **element** first
with revit.Transaction('Transaction name'):
    param = element.get_Parameter(DB.BuiltInParameter.NAME_OF_BUILTIN_PARAM)
    param_data = element.get_Parameter(DB.BuiltInParameter.NAME_OF_BUILTIN_PARAM).AsString() #depends on the parameter data type
    param.Set(param_data)

with Transaction(doc) as t:
t.Start(‘some text’)
param = element.get_Parameter(DB.BuiltInParameter.Length)
param_data = element.get_Parameter(DB.BuiltInParameter.Length).AsString()
param.Set(param_data )
t.Commit()

what should be the name t.Start?
and it will work if I do this?

if you use with revit.Transaction('Transaction name'):
no need for t.Start or Commit

and it won’t work because:

• param must be the parameter you want to copy the data to
  • param data will need to fetch the data from the source parameter
  • for DB.BuiltInParameter.NAME_OF_BUILTIN_PARAM, NAME_OF_BUILTIN_PARAM must be the name of the parameter according to the RevitAPI. You need to explore a bit with revit lookup to grab its name in both cases
  • element.LookupParameter(string name) or element.get_Parameter(string name) or alement.get_Parameter(Guid guid)
    it is easier for shared parameter to get them with LookupParameter as you will be able to get its data by its name directly

Hello. How should I work with the revit lookup?
Is there an example of some kind?

you are almost there, you need yo enclose what you have in the Transaction in a loop to go through your elements:

with revit.Transaction('what you are doing'):
    for element in cable_tray_collector:
        param = element.LookupParameter("your_recipient_param_name")
        param_data = element.LookupParameter("your_source_param_name").AsValueString()
        param.Set(param_data )

you might have to convert param_data to integer or number: param.Set(int(param_data))

Jean-Marc, don’t be angry. A thousand apologies. But what could be wrong?

no worries @Andrey-SPGR

you are passing the document as an argument to the revit.Transaction where it expects a string / name

me:

with revit.Transaction('what you are doing'):

you

with revit.Transaction(doc):

you seem to be using vscode:
you should be able to get

that contains explainations about modules methods using F12 (or right click: go to definition) on the keyword you are looking for.

you mean this

Jean-Marc, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Everything worked out.

jean-marc, how can i convert to meters?