Claude-Generated Hatching Routine

I’ve often found that one of the least efficient tasks in Revit is generating filled regions. This is especially true when you use filles to create architectural section drawings, where a truly representational sectional depiction is rarely automated. This add-in, built with Claude, greatly speeds up the clear section fills I have struggled to generate efficiently over the years.

Claude-Generated Hatching Routine PyRevit Add-in

A Youtube Summary

This is cool and terrible at the same time.

As a bim manager, I would take it as a last resort kind of tool. I’d rather have my team donproper modeling and use low detail level pattern of days families like walls and floors.

But this is cool :sweat_smile:

Had to put my own spin on this one.

  • Added support for plan and reflected ceiling plan views.
  • Consolidated lib and config into single file for portability
  • Added option for configuring linestyle of region(s)
  • Added support for both filled regions and masking regions.
  • Consolidated options into single WPF form.
  • Added progress bar for long draw times.
  • Changed regions to respect crop of view. Regions don’t extend past crop.
  • Added html help file.
  • Added light/dark icons.

PyPiPie Trace Cut Edges