Best way to enter PyRevit

Hello PyReviter,

I am entering the topic… i am a advanced Dynamo User including RevitAPI/Python … i check out also other stuff like pyRevit - YouTube

RevitPythonShell
RevitPythonWrapper

I have PyRevit and EF-Tools on my Revit… how can create my own Toolbar, f.e. just one button like cleanup Importlinestyle …

Can you recomment other pages, books and videos ! for creating my own interface…?

KR

Andreas

We both are in same page. I think there is not much resources to implement WPF in pyrevit. With available resources, you can easily create your own add-ins in pyrevit.

1 Like

@JobinSunny ,

i will give it a try. An share my progress… second aim is to script only in python. In our office we do not have any kind of costum-package we build all via python. Final aim is to have all in python. Can i find here more about it in the RevitAPI forum here?

KR

Andreas

1 Like

This video explains step by step process to create an add-in in pyrevit.
Also Aussie Bim Guru have few videos of the same content.

1 Like

Hi @andreasd811
Welcome.

one good entry point for me was using the ALT+click on pyrevit buttons and reading the code and folder structure

4 Likes

Is it possible to watch the presentation?

There a recording during the BCS but the quality is not extraordinary. The screen was not recorded.
The handout is much more complete than the one hour lab, but you can try it Jean-Marc Couffin, Training Lab: Take Control over Revit by Creating Tools with pyRevit - YouTube

2 Likes