Balloon tip instead of save reminder

Hi guys!

I’d like to share my way of making a balloon tip using pyRevit.

Specifically my smartbutton replaces standard modal Saving and Synchronization reminder dialog by nice balloon tip:

balloon_reminder_pic_1

link to the source code:

2 Likes

This is badass! @Konstantin
Why not adding it to pyRevit itself?

Very cool! I had no idea InfoCenter has a baloon tip API. Very nice!

We do have notification APIs in pyRevit e.g. forms.toast()

Maybe we can at lease wrap this ballooning functionality in the forms module for easy access

Sure! If you think it worth it :grinning:

1 Like

That would be great! Maybe you can find a better way than what i currently have.

Article for the reference:
https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2014/03/using-balloon-tips-in-revit.html

And looks like it can have more advanced UI, i just could not figure out how to make it.

211229b

1 Like

First implementation Show balloon first prototype to forms module by jmcouffin · Pull Request #1801 · eirannejad/pyRevit · GitHub
Did the time to test extensively.

• Cannot make the Uri to work properly
  • The click event crashes when using print_md
  • Cannot figure out what the tooltip nor the group or the timestamp are exactly

@Konstantin great stuff, thanks for the pointer
@thumDer @eirannejad

1 Like

This is great!

I’m so glad you came back to this topic :blush:

Unfortunately I’m currently overloaded with other work, so can’t participate the testing. But I can share one more button that I did when I played with it. As I remember some methods have to import inside the event to work properly. I could not figure out which are needed and why.

This script is a toggle button showing view name balloon on view change event with forms.alert on click:

1 Like